History and philosophy of the course
For decades the artist couple Christos and Katherina Polyzoides has been organizing annual summer courses. Over the years their very personal approach and their compassionate engagement on one hand, and the intimate setting in a small village on the other, where participants and tutors live and work under the same roof, have created a most unique atmosphere, making these classes as sought after as they are. After Christos Polyzoides passed his daughter and pianist Janna Polyzoides took over the artistic direction.
The course is open for anybody regardless of skills and age. There are only active participants without preselection by the instructors.
Due to the friction free collaboration of the tutors, it is also possible to play for and work with more than one teacher during the course (preferably different pieces). For example it is possible for pianists to study with a string teacher and vice versa!
Chamber music lessons will be taught by all tutors, in order to be able to also address specific instrumental questions. The participants are also cordially invited to take advantage of the possibility to listen to the lessons of all the teachers!
As part of the daily masterclass concerts, the podium of the concert hall in the Rohrbach Music School is available to everyone, so that pieces worked on during the masterclasses can be performed in an uncompetitive atmosphere.
History of the locations of the Internationale Musiktage
- 1974 for the first time Schloss Mauterndorf im Lungau, Salzburg
- 1980 for the first time Schloss Zell an der Pram, Upper Austria
- 1982 for the first time Stift Schlierbach, Upper Austria
- 1984 for the first time Schloss Kirchberg an der Raab, Styria
- 1988 for the first time St. Johann im Saggautal, Styria
- 1998 for the first time in Bad Leonfelden, Upper Austria
- 2022 for the first time in Rohrbach, Upper Austria